- This website is owned and operated by Waters Edge Home Owners Association, a not-for-profit company registered in the Republic of South Africa, number 2008/001881/08 (“the Association”), to provide information and services to members of the Association.
What information we collect
- We receive and may store any information you manually enter on this website, such as your name and contact details.
- We also receive and may store the information your web-browser automatically provides every time you visit a web-page, such as the:
(i) Internet domain through which you access the Internet;
(ii) Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
(iii) type of browser software and operating system you are using;
(iv) date and time you access our site; and
(v) the Internet address (URL) of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
What information we share with third parties
- We will send your name, surname, telephone number, email address and unit number to our Managing Agent, George Rennie & Co., because they need to send you statements, notices and letters. If we ever change our Managing Agent, we will then send your details to the new agent.
- If you choose to provide us with your Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality account number, then we will also send that account number to our Managing Agent so that they can log reports with the municipality on your behalf.
- We will send the telephone numbers for each unit to our Security Company, DTF Security Services, because they need to update the intercom system. If we ever change our Security Company, we will then send your details to the new security company.
- We will provide any information we have to law enforcement or government authorities:
(i) when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law;
(ii) to enforce our Terms & Conditions of Use or other agreements; or
(iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Association, our users, or others.
- Other than above, we will never sell, rent or give your personal details to any third party.
How we may contact you
- If you are a member of the Association or a resident of the Estate, we may send notices and letters to you. You cannot opt out of this communication.
- We will never send you advertising or promotional material.
How we use tracking
- We use tools called “Google Analytics” and “StatCounter” to collect information about use of this site. These tools collect information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from these tools only to improve this site. These tools collect only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of these tools with personally identifiable information.
- You can prevent all tracking tools from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser.
How we protect your information
- We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure.
- Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse, and is only permitted among our agents on a need-to-know basis.
How we may change this policy
- We encourage you to visit frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal information.